This is my second year publishing a post on ‘New Years Eve Around The World’ featuring five exciting cities and what I would wear if celebrating the turn of the new year in those cities. I LOVE this post. It’s fun, colourful and has me dreaming! Although 2016 is only days away and your outfit may already be organised, these gorgeous pieces can be ordered and worn to any party all year round.
I am taking a little break, back later in January with wonderful style inspirations for 2016. Thankyou for all your support in 2015, I look forward to a stylish 2016.
So for now…this is how to party in style saying goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016.
Dubai loves a party. If you are attending a swanky event in one of their luxurious 5 or 7 hotels, it’s all about glamming it up and standing out amongst the glitterati. This floor dragging vibrant silk gown with cape sleeves is my pick for a big night out in Dubai.
- Cape back silk and organza gown from Delpozo on Net-a-Porter
- Crystal embellished clutch from Fendi on Matches
- Pumps Christian Louboutin from Neiman Marcus
- Crystal drop earrings from Peter lang
. . . .
Russia and especially Moscow considers New Years Eve celebrations as one of their most important winter festivals. There are glamorous parties held all over the city. This stunning shimmer one shoulder gown worn with lace and embroidered boots and a divine gold lips clutch says I’m sexy, sophisticated and serious about partying!
- Shimmering black dress from Toni Maticevski
- Fur Stole from Herve Leger
- Flower crystal choker from Oscar De La Renta on Matches
- Gold lips clutch from Charlotte Olympia on Farfetch
- Lace and embroidered floral boots from Dolce and Gabbana on Farfetch
. . . .
Istanbul is one of the most vibrant cities in the world. With so much history and culture, why not celebrate the new year either on a luxury cruise on the Bosphorus River or at one of their wonderful palaces/hotels enjoying the views across the river. This sparkling maxi skirt worn with a fur vest is a fun outfit for this beautiful city. Adding these bright maxi shoes and lip earrings completes this party outfit perfectly.
- Multi coloured sequinned maxi skirt from Preen Line on Matches
- Ostrich feather gilet from Elizabeth and James on Farfetch
- Crystal box clutch rom Wilbur and Gussie
- Red lip earrings from Erickson Beamon on Matches
- Gemstone print gold wedges from Charlotte Olympia on Farfetch
. . . .
They say Milan is the capital of nightclubs in Italy. Many Italian fashion designers have an uber sexy restaurant or club in the fashionable city. Wearing blue velvet wide leg pants and an outstanding silk blouse for New Years at one of these ‘impossible to get in’ venues is chic, stylish and oozes confidence.
- Flutter sleeved silk-organza blouse from Antonio Berardi on Net-a-Porter
- Wide leg velvet trousers from Emilio Pucci on Matches
- Chandelier earrings from Rosantica on Matches
- Feather clutch from Jimmy Choo on Net-a-Porter
- Sequin pumps from Sophia Webster on Farfetch
. . . .
Hamilton Island, Australia…
Wanting a warm, relaxed New Year Eve? The Whitsunday Islands in Australia offers you just that. If you’re attending a house party in a gorgeous home/apartment on Hamilton Island overlooking the Whitsunday passage, this stunning grecian style blue dress worn with a statement shell choker is perfect for dancing the night away on this tropical island.
- One shoulder long tulle dress from Willow
- Shell and tassel choker from Figue on Matches
- Embroidered clutch from Edie Parker on Net-a-Porter
- Jewelled flat sandals from Nine West
I hope you have enjoyed this years’ New Years Eve special. Wherever you are in the world and whatever you are doing, whether a quiet night in or a party out, I wish you a wonderful and stylish night.
You know where you can get me if you want to source a similar piece, but less expensive option.
To book a personal or corporate styling session you can Facebook messenger me, tweet me, LinkedIn with me or email me firstname.lastname@example.org