Winter is coming and it’s a time for artistry. As the earth tilts away from the sun we can no longer just step out into warmth, we have to create it – fireplaces, slow cooking, jazz, styling our homes and ourselves.
This winter, I want you to move away from chunky & clunky and curate a wardrobe that is elegant but effortless, by experimenting with colours, textures and cuts.
This is the one season in which you really get to play with layering and embellishments – drape, wrap, arrange and rearrange. I’ve created a mammoth seventeen collages to give you inspiration no matter how long or cold winter feels.
You know I love referencing Australian designers but this season I’ve really struggled to find inspiration so you’ll see a more than usual emphasis on overseas stockists. Hopefully Spring brings a resurgence of interesting design.
- Black jumpsuit from Scanlan Theodore on Farfetch
- Large leaf necklace from Marni on Farfetch
- Multi beaded bracelet from Colette Hayman
- Tan leather tote from Oroton
- Animal print pumps from Nine West
- Soft pink wool flares from J.Crew on Net-a-Porter
- Pink silk pussy bow blouse from Blue Marine on Farfetch
- Ruffled tweed jacket from Lanvin on Net-a-Porter
- Two-toned handbag from Fendi on Matches
- Floral print shoes from Nine West
- Red heart earrings from Harlequin Market
A ruffled, silk, print blouse looks hot with a pair of vibrant purple pants. Both the tote and tailored vest add warmth and structure. Finish with textured pink pumps and elegant crystal earrings for a contemporary, chick look.
- Purple wool trousers from Gucci on Net-a-porter
- Ruffled sheer blouse from Faith Connexion on Farfetch
- Cream Vest from Merchant Archive on Net-a-Porter
- Agate and Quartz earrings from Isabel Marant on Net-a-Porter
- Black and cream tote from Saint Laurent on Farfetch
- Pink pumps from Fiebiger on The Iconic
Black wool trousers should be a staple in your winter wardrobe. Here I’ve added a multi-coloured wrap blouse and statement necklace to break it up. Take a colour from the blouse through to your heels, these bright blue pumps are great. Alternatively, add a sophisticated long, creme jacket with python block heels. The feather bag is a must.
- Black wool wide leg trousers from Pallas on Net-a-Porter
- Printed wrap blouse from Scanlan Theodore on Farfetch
- Large tassel necklace from Rosantica on Farfetch
- Blue and print pumps from Piazza Grande on The Iconic
- Feather handbag from Angel Jackson
- Black flare trousers from Diane Von Furstenberg on Net-a-Porter
- Cream long jacket from Alexander McQueen on Net-a-Porter
- Blue vintage flower brooch from Harlequin Market
- Python pumps from Gianvito Rossi
Don’t be afraid of mixing really vibrant colours like yellow and purple, pull them back into balance with a black jacket and shoes. The fluted hem of the jacket is a wonderful contrast to the straight woollen skirt.
- Yellow wool skirt from J.Crew on Net-a-Porter
- Fluted hem black jacket from Roksanda on Matches
- Vintage brooch from Harlequin Market
- Black pumps from Jane Debster on The Iconic
- Purple handbag from Salvatore Ferragamo on Farfetch
This look is all about the sophisticated layering that can be achieved by mixing complementary hues, here the blue-grey family with reds and pinks. The irregular hems of these midi skirts add edge, while still being an appropriate length for work. Sheer or wrap blouses keep it feminine.
- Blue leather effect asymmetric skirt from Cedric Charlier on Farfetch
- Red silk blouse from Giambattista Valli on Farfetch
- Gold crown earrings from Harlequin Market
- Red leather embossed tote from Oroton
- Grey ribbed skirt from Bassike on Farfetch
- Knit wrap blouse from Scanlan Theodore on Farfetch
- Pate-de-Verre necklace from Harlequin Market
- Blue suede pumps from Diane Von Furstenberg on Matches
- Red leather embossed tote from Oroton
Don’t be afraid to layer interesting textures with other interesting textures. The black macrame skirt and floral lace top work beautifully together. A simple but bold necklace and red and black booties provide the right level of restraint.
- Black Macrame skirt from Marni on Farfetch
- Orange and red lace top from Daizy Shely on Farfetch
- Statement necklace from Monies on Farfetch
- Floral tote from Nine West
- Red and black boots from Malone Souliers on Matches
Keep it all in the same family with simple, elegant neutrals. This fabulous maxi skirt with a sexy split and creme jacket is sophisticated. Finish with an animal print bag and multi-stone gold necklace.
- Camel colour wool maxi skirt from Scanlan Theodore on Farfetch
- Cream belted jacket from Donna Karan on Net-a-Porter
- Multi-stone and gold necklace from Rosantica on Net-a-Porter
- Animal print handbag from Valentino on Net-a-Porter
- Beige pumps from Nine West
Throw different textured and toned black and white prints against each other. Crocheted sequinned geometry with gingham? Why not. The prints work beautifully with simple black boots and earrings. The orange tote adds a splash of colour.
- Black and white gingham midi skirt from Jonathan Simkhai on Net-a-porter
- Black and white jacket from Manning Cartell on Farfetch
- Tear drop earrings from Colette Hayman
- Orange tote from Tod’s on Farfetch
- Black boots from Wittner
- Blue floral lace dress from Get The Looks
- Long stone drop earrings from Colette Hayman
- Patterned tote from Elena Ghisellini on Farfetch
- Black lace up boots from Nine West
If you’re feeling playful go beyond simple colour blocking towards a bi-colour dress. A bright blue tote, vintage brooch and patterned pumps break up the symmetry and create a whole other colour dimension.
- Bi-colour dress from Roksanda on Matches
- Blue large vintage brooch from Harlequin Market
- Blue tote from Tod’s on Matches
- Patterned pumps from Pink Inc on The Iconic
Make sure you have at least one gorgeous black silk lace slip in your wardrobe. Here it’s paired with a belted, asymmetrical woollen coat. Carry the golden-hues from top to toe with gold drop earrings, peep-toe ankle boots and a cream tote. Soft but powerful.
- Black lace slip dress from Bardot
- Black cascading coat from Willow
- Belt with gold bow from Ted Baker
- Flower and gold drop earrings from Baublebar
- Cream tote from Salvatore Ferragamo on Farfetch
- Peep-toe ankle boots from Jean-Michel Cazabat on Farfetch
- Pink flared cuff dress from Roksanda on Matches
- Vintage puppet brooch from Harlequin Market
- Floral tote from Marni on Farfetch
- Red pumps from Nine West
A well cut leather wrap dress is stylish. Lift the heaviness with animal print pumps and an interesting cuff that holds its own against the leather. The floral bag adds just the right amount of colour and contrast.
- Leather dress from Morrison
- Earrings from Harlequin Market
- Gold Filigree cuff from Harlequin Market
- Flower embroidered leather handbag from Alexander McQueen on Net-a-Porter
- Animal print pumps from Nine West
This stunning French lace camisole contrasts beautifully with flared leather trousers. Add a pussy bow jacket to create a romantic yet confident look. An embroidered red clutch and gold heels add just the right amount of glitz.
- Bow collar cropped jacket from Alice and Olivia
- Black faux leather trousers from Witchery
- Flared Lace camisole from Natasha Zinko on Farfetch
- Black and red stone tassel drop earrings from Colette Hayman
- Red and gold brocade clutch back from Chi Chi on ASOS
- Gold and crystal booties from Sergio Rossi on Farfetch
- Embroidered leather jacket from Alexander McQueen on Matches
- Tulle skirt from Vera Wang on Farfetch
- Red and black crystal drop earrings from Harlequin Market
- Gold and white stone clutch from St Xavier on ASOS
- Snakeskin leather lattice work pumps from Malone Souliers on Matches
- Wrap effect silk satin gown from Lanvin on Net-a-Porter
- Long green drop earrings from Rosantica on Net-a-Porter
- Applique bag from Lanvin on Farfetch
- Black lace pumps from Gianvito Rossi on Net-a-Porter
I hope you enjoyed this post and been inspired to add some pizzazz to your winter wardrobe.
You know where you can get me if you want to source a similar piece, but less expensive option.
I look forward to helping you shine.
To book me for a style session please fill out the form below.