Corporate & Personal Styling by Gessica
Melbourne, Sydney, Barcelona, Milan
From this …
Mixing various prints together can be tricky. I wrote a post on this a while ago. Have a look here. If done correctly the mixed print look can be stylish and edgy. Here I’ve added a fine stripe knit jumper with a bold midi skirt which is fun, interesting, and even slightly retro. Horizontal stripes can also be tricky to wear. You need to choose carefully when purchasing stripes such as this one I’ve selected here. You can notice how the various coloured fine stripes (rather than large, mono coloured) are carefully placed on a dark background in places that appear more flattering. A tip if wearing horizontal stripes is to add a long statement necklace. The vertical symmetry of the necklace breaks up all those stripes, and it also takes your eye away from them. A bold skirt is also a very good distraction to the stripes. I say experiment with patterns until you are comfortable. If a turtle neck sweater does not suit your body shape, than a V-neck sweater would work just as well with this skirt.
Stripe Merino Wool Sweater from Karen Millen
Bold Midi skirt from Preen by Thornton Bregazzi found on Matches
Black leather knee boots from Tony Bianco on The Iconic
Hand bag from Nine West
Necklace from Maria Calderara on FarFetch
Book Gessica for a:
- One-hour express workshop – gather a group of colleagues during lunch and I will show you how to turn core, classic pieces into statements that ooze confidence and power. (A longer after work session of two hours is also available). I can also incorporate men’s style into the presentation.
- Minimum two-hour personal styling session – I work with you one-on-one in your home to sort through the good, the bad and the ugly, show you new ways to pull together what you’ve got and transform it by choosing the right accessories, highlight colours and accents. We look at work, leisure and evening wear and my personal consultations are for both working and non-working women. From here we work out items to purchase that will complete your wardrobe and a shopping trip can also be arranged with Gessica if you choose.
- What’s appropriate – and not- at work – the right lengths, sizes, prints and colours
- Making the most of what you have – versatile looks for every day at work
- Confidence dressing for important meetings
- Stylish looks that transform from work to social events
- Dressing for your body shape and personality
- Accessories, hair and make- up
Gessica conducts personal and corporate styling sessions in most major cities in Australia. For anywhere else in Australia and the world, on-line consultations are available.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a personal or corporate consultation in your city.
Gessica Marmotta is a personal fashion consultant who has worked around the world including Barcelona, Dubai, Milan and Sydney with professionals to develop their corporate style and professional brand. She also blogs at ObsessionsByGessica
To receive Style by Gessica’s posts on style tips & fashion looks please sign up on this blog.